As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

25 September 2005

Parma Baby!

On Saturday, Natalie and I took a train to Parma to have lunch and experience the prosciutto and Parmigiano Reggiano for which this town is known. Seriously, some of the best cheese I have ever tasted.....

It was a beautiful day, so that made the journey all the better. Parma actually turned out to be a beautiful city. It is smaller than Bologna, but has a lot of pretty clock towers, churches, and streets. One clock tower featured a clock-face that had most of its numbers worn away:


Natalie and I had a lunch at a lovely little place, off a side road in town. It was a great, non-tourist place, complete with menus featuring only Italian, as opposed to other places which have English translations. Here we are having lunch, drinking a local bianchi fizzante called Malvasia:


I also have a funny picture of me and a donkey. Or at least a picture of a donkey. For some reason, the city of Parma currently has a large display of donkey pictures in the center. I thought it would be funny to have my picture taken with one. Doesn't it look like I am actually petting it?


We also had a funny visit to a bookstore. Where in the States can you go into a bookstore and be handed a sample of a new walnut-based liqueur? Nowhere I have ever been....Maybe I should send Barnes and Nobles the suggestion....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home