As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

02 March 2006

Lent Has Begun....

As many of you may know, yesterday marked the commencement of Lent, a time when Catholics are encouraged to refrain from eating/doing certain foods, drinks, or things. In the past, I have given up candy, meat, and, hardest of all, alcohol (during my first months working for that car company, which was certainly a time I probably could have used the distraction). This year I am attempting perhaps my greatest feat yet. I am giving up diet soda.

To give you an indication of how much fun this has been so far, I will tell you my story of yesterday morning. On Wednesday, the first day of Lent, I woke up and 5 minutes after waking I wondered if the store downstairs was open, so I could buy a Diet Coke. This thought did not fill me with confidence....

Tomorrow, Friday, I am heading to Orvieto for a couple of days. I have wanted to visit this town since I saw it from the window of a bus when I was 16. I think it was my first case of travel-lust. And now I get to fulfill this lust. I am very excited. When I return, I will have lots of posts on my parents' visit to Italy, Carnivale in Venice, and Orvieto. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie,

Orvieto is amazing! You have to try their white wine. And you should go to Todi and Gubbio too if you can!

And want to see Carnevale pictures!

05:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home