As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

09 January 2006

Back in Bologna

I am now back in Bologna. I arrived back last Wednesday, after spending a week at home and then a few days in New Jersey with my good friend, Ron. My week at home certainly had its ups and downs. I already touched on my travel difficulties during my last post. My other problem was my body's decision to reject the American food that I tried to feed it. Apparently the wonderful American food snack called "Munchies" is not something to eat when you are used to subsisting on significantly less-processed food. As a result, I spent much of Christmas Day in bed and the days following the holiday lounging around the house. Oh well....I still managed to have a decent holiday season. Santa even bestowed a new suitcase upon me. The better to transport my stuff to and from Italy....Here are some pictures from my familial Christmas celebration:

My father and two brothers in the kitchen:


My brothers, grandmother, and Fr. Eugene:

Fr. Eugene and me, who was rather ill at the time:

My mother:

And sadly, I don't have any pictures of New Years. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures. So, in the absence of a current picture, I thought I would post a picture from a previous year. Of Sri, Ron, and me about to ring in 2004 in Cape Town, South Africa or Ron and me in Baltimore in 2005. Unfortunately, blogger isn't letting me load the pictures. The only picture I was able to load was this one of me getting ready to bungy jump at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home