As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

13 December 2005

My First Visitor

I will admit this post is about one week overdue, but schoolwork took priority last week. Now, the hard stuff is over, at least until after Christmas.

Anyway, last Monday I had my first friend visit me in Bologna--my friend Miguel:

The story of how/why I know Miguel is actually kind of interesting. I met him when he was working as a mountain-bike instructor at the youth hostel Ron, Sri, and I stayed at in Mendoza, Argentina when we traveled there in January 2001. After that Miguel and I kept in touch over e-mail. Later in 2001, Miguel moved to Italy and then subsequently to Switzerland. Now he is working for Cannondale in Basel, Switzerland, but passes through Italy for business relatively often. Hence the visit. Anyway, we had dinner and then played our customary game of pool (and I won my first game of pool in years). It was a very nice visit....

And don't forget, if YOU come to visit me, you will get your own special posting on my blog, too! Isn't that a great incentive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home