As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

19 November 2005

Another Bolognese Dining Experience

Last night a group of us decided to try our hand at having another decadent, extremely filling Bolognese meal. The decor/atmosphere of the osteria was amazing. It is located on a small side street right off of San Vitale (I know this means nothing to you, but come to visit me in Bologna and it will!) and is nothing more than a door with a small sign on top of it. When you go into the restaurant, you literally descend into the basement of the building and you discover that the restaurant extends all the way back into this great, dramatic room:

For dinner we had a few really rich pastas. One dish was gnocchi that was literally drowning in gorgonzola cheese. I have never tasted anything so rich. My heart literally skipped a beat when I took my first bite. And, of course, we had a lot of Prosecco. You can't go out to dinner without having Prosecco! Anyways, the participants of this affair:

From left, Pete, Liam, Zach, and Mark

Courtney and Pete

Mark and me (not really sure what I am telling him)

Adam and Natalie

Jeanette (who just got back from a whirlwind 4-day jaunt to Vegas, where she partied down with Paris Hilton)

After dinner, Natalie, Mark, and myself headed to the 10th anniversary celebration of our favorite Bologna-based Irish pub--the Celtic Druid. It was pretty crowded, but we couldn't not celebrate the Celtic's birthday!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to know the name of the restaurant as I will be traveling to Bologna in the Spring... Girl from UK

10:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... high fat foods. Are you trying to say that this place was worse the Red, Hot & Blue?

09:57  
Blogger Katie said...

I will try and find out the name of the restaurant....

18:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home