As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

14 November 2005

An Update

So, I feel badly that I have not been able to keep my torrent pace of updates going. I believe this to be a function of three things--1) I have been studying quite a bit, which is an activity that does not lend itself well to blogging, 2) I have been returning to and doing things that I have already documented to a great extent (do we really need more pictures of me at the Celtic Druid? I mean, if you want more, let me know, but otherwise....), & 3) I have found that I do not carry my camera around as much as I did at first.

I look at the first and third points as being valid reasons. The first, obviously, is a sad fact of being back in school. A lot of time spent in the library. The third point, however, is a little more interesting. On the one hand, it could be related to point one. Since I generally do not do anything of note on any given day, I am not as apt to make sure I have my camera with me as I walk out the door. On the other hand, perhaps my lack of a camera signifies that I have stopped thinking of myself as a tourist in this town and, therefore, am less apt to take pictures. For instance, looking back, I strolled down a beautiful street on Saturday, which was lined with all sorts of fruit and meat markets. Very old world, very picturesque. I was not even inclined to take a picture. (now, thinking about it, I might go back and take a couple)

This is the market street, but I swiped the picture from Google:


Although an experience today snapped me back to my picture-happy self. I was walking home from school, caught site of the Christmas decorations, and wanted to take a picture. But I didn't have my camera. Yes, the Christmas decorations have been up in Bologna for at least a week. However, I will save this for tomorrow or Wed, when I have pictures to accompany the text.

In the meantime, if you have made it this far through my babble, I appreciate it. I promise I will have more excitement soon. Or at least more excitement that I think to take a picture of....I hope to take a trip to Venice or Verona or sometime soon, but I think my workload will dictate those plans....For now, though, if anyone has any thoughts on the presence of US nukes in Europe, please let me know!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO! katie! i thought of you because i had a salad from burger king. awwww. i miss you dude!! write soon! i need gossip! or i'll write. but i dont ahve any gossip for you. tres sad.

18:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nukes in Europe? Dropping or storing them :-) Do we have any in Europe? I though we pulled them out after the Cuban missile crisis. I know we would put them on ships (carriers, attack subs) until about 10-12 years ago.

09:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home