As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

19 November 2005

Firing Squad

I realize that I never posted about the fact that I am now a teaching assistant for Macroeconomics. So far that has meant that I have held office hours (Where I sit in a room and wonder if anyone will actually come see me. One person did this week. It was swell.), graded problem sets, and this week, I held a review session for about 40 people with my co-TA.



Let me tell you, the review session was a tad nerve-wracking-40 people in a room excepting ME to have the answer. It was like taking an oral economics exam (which is something that I actually have to do at the end of my two years, so I suppose this is good practice). In the end, everything turned out very well. I seemed to know the answers to the questions people asked. And I only screwed up one thing--my GDP deflator calculation--but I recognized the error and everything proceeded well from there. So, all things considered everything went pretty well. And I think I have, in general, become far more comfortable speaking in front of crowds of people, which I figure can only be a good thing, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home