As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

01 December 2005

Christmas Markets

Tomorrow I am heading to Cologne, Germany to behold the wonderments of the famed German Christmas markets. I expect a lot of Nutcrackers and kitsch. Should be a good time. If nothing else, I am very excited at the prospect of taking a direct flight to Cologne from the airport here in Bologna. Usually my travels require me to take a bus or train or 2 hour car ride just to get to the airport!

Anyway, I will be back on Sunday with a bunch of photos. Until then, I will leave you with a picture of the Nativity store at one of the Christmas markets here in Bologna. I have never seen anything like this stall. You literally can hand-pick all the elements of your Nativity scene. Sort of a design-your-own Bethlehem store....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home