As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

22 November 2005

The Night Before Thanksgiving

In 1996, my family started a night before Thanksgiving tradition of going to the Rongovian Embassy, a local watering hole in my hometown of Trumansburg, NY. The first year, it was my dad, Uncle Tom, cousins Ben, Jason, Ashley, and me. It was a jolly good time. Since then, every year we have gone back, except for last year when the Rongo was closed. It is back open this year, but unfortunately I am in Italy and will not be able to join in on the Rongo fun.

But do not fret, my pets. Tomorrow night I will be attending the opera, La Traviata, but after that, I will be going out to a bar to celebrate the night before Thanksgiving in a traditional manner. I will be taking a picture of me and posting it here, so you can see that I AM partaking in the holiday. Or at least part of it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home