As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

15 March 2006

Carnevale--A Bit Late

Well, as many of you are aware, and as I posted about, Lent is now two weeks old. Therefore, this post on my Carnevale in Venice is a tad overdue. Hopefully the pictures of all of the outrageous costumes will help you to forgive me....

On the Sunday before Ash Wednesday, Natalie and I decided to head to Venice for the day to partake in the Carnevale festivities. At first we were going to wear our ballgowns with capes, but luckily we wised up before jumping on a train in our dresses. Instead, we settled on masks and jeans....Here is Natalie on the Rialto:What a scene Venice was that day! First it took tons of time just to weave through the city to Piazza San Marco and then when we got there, even more people were streaming about. Luckily a large number of these people were decked out in very fetching and amazing costumes. There was even a family decked-out. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:











And here I am on the water-bus heading back to the train station:

Overall, the day was lots of fun and I fell in love with Venice all over again. What a great city! I highly recommend you visit it, before it sinks into the Adriatic!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, these pics are great- I especially like you in the mask! Am so jealous- have always wanted to go to Carnevale!

10:47  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home