As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

25 March 2006

The Hangovers

A shocking thing happened last night--I saw The Hangovers perform in Bologna.

Who are The Hangovers you ask? Just one of the best a cappella groups at my alma mater, Cornell University. I used to LOVE these guys when I was in school. They would give awesome, sold out concerts and would occasionally sing in the arches of West Campus.

Now, you may be wondering what The Hangovers, a Cornell group, was doing performing at a Johns Hopkins school in Italy. I can't really answer that question. But when I saw the e-mail announcement earlier this week, I flipped out. I actually screamed with excitement, which prompted my roommate, Megan, to ask me who had died. I was so excited, as were the two other Cornellians at SAIS.


And The Hangovers did not disappoint. They even sing some of the same songs as when I was at Cornell. We also got them to do two encores....It was a great concert and a real treat to see them. I am hoping they will be performing at my 5-year Reunion this June, too....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

katherine, the more i read this blog the more i think that we went to two different schools. i spent five years at cornell and never once heard anyone say "let's go see the hangovers". they must cover bon jovi alot.

21:01  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home