As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

06 October 2005

I Am Back

Unfortunately, this is going to be a short post, but I will have more good stuff tomorrow. Tonight, however, I have to get to bed early. Too many late nights spent studying. Well, studying and last night there was a happy hour to go to, but I digress....

Today was our official first day of school. Of course, I actually started school in DC about 2 months ago, so today was really just another day at the office. Today, I did a little class-shopping to decide what my fourth class will be. I sat in on what turned out to be a very interesting class on American foreign policy. I know, I know....why go to Italy and study American foreign policy? It sounds crazy, but the way my program is structured and its academic requirements, taking this class would make a lot of sense. I don't have any classes tomorrow, but I still have to go to school to find our if I passed the rather difficult economics placement exam I took yesterday. I think I passed. I hope I passed. I studied for quite a long time--I literally did not leave my apartment for days (which is evident by the lack of photos and good times to report here). In fact, yesterday and today I ran into people who I hadn't seen since before my self-imposed hibernation last Friday. They asked me where I had been and why they hadn't seen me in a while....

Yeh, so that's really all I have to report for now. Although I hope to have some happy news to report tomorrow. If nothing else, I will be in receipt of a treasure trove of books my father so nicely sent me this week, so that is happy news in and of itself.

Since I have no new pictures to share, I thought I would share some photos I took in May. Yesterday after my brutal exam, I came home and consoled myself by watching Back to the Future III for the 87th time. This reminded me of a Jeep that I saw when I took a day-trip to Gettysburg with my friend Ryan this past May:










I used to have that exact same license plate. I was so excited to actually see it on a car, I had to take a picture....

This blog will go back to Bologna tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Katie! I love the blog! Oh how I wish I was in Italy with you... it makes me want to forget my career plans for a little while and just head off to Europe for a few months and disappear!

Good luck on your exams... and pick WHATEVER classes you want... :-)
-Nathan

09:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

katie!! i didnt know you had a vanity plate! man i wish i had one my license plate sucks -- PXF are the letters, i hate them!
awww its good to read about yr stuff here i will write you a real letter soon i swear

19:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home