As the World Turns....

The life and times of a girl trying to understand (and see) the world in Washington, D.C.

10 October 2005

This is Hard....


I had no idea it was going to be this hard to back into the swing of school. It has been a challenge, mainly because I have really enjoyed the last 4 years of doing relatively little. I mean, I moved cross-country twice, had a real job, traveled to a few new continents, took a Calculus class, took a French class, got two new jobs, studied and took the GREs, applied to grad school, and moved to Italy, but really life has been pretty easy. No all-nighters, no using Sunday as a study day, no using weeknights as a study time, no using lunch as a study time, etc. Now I am back to that life. Back to having no life. I chose it, it's great, but it is still tough. What happened to my nights of watching TV and lounging in the hot-tub? Oh, wait, that's going back too far....Don't necessarily want to go back that far....Of course, the airline miles were nice.....(I was searching for a random picture of a hot tub and found this hotel spa in Budapest. Now, I think I might want to travel to Hungary. The rates are pretty cheap, too. Maybe I will post a REAL picture of this spa....)



Anyway, I thought my transition would be easy, but it is proving difficult. I thought I could just slide back into my hard-working, hard-fought Cornell ways, but so far it has not happened. I think the problem may be that it is just the first day, I don't have a ton of work today, and the weather is still somewhat nice. Tomorrow, though, I am sitting in the school's library all day. Doesn't that sounds like fun? This is after I take my French placement test, of course. Anyone have any tips for testing out of a beginning French class? There is even an oral section. THAT is scary. Je suis bien. That's about it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home